By protecting and improving our environment, the communities where we do business and the students we serve, Sodexo makes every day a better day and every tomorrow a better tomorrow.

Frequently Asked Questions

Which company manages the Dining Services?

Sodexo Campus Services. Sodexo is the leading provider of Food and Facilities management in North America and has provided Centenary College with excellent services since 1996. Check out more about Sodexo at

Are you able to accommodate my special dietary needs?

Absolutely. Sodexo Campus Services has a wide range of resources to accommodate special dietary needs. We also have a Registered Dietitian available to assist students with meal planning and special dietary issues. Please stop by the Dining Hall or email at

What meal plans are offered at Centenary?

All students that live in the Residence Halls are required to be on a meal plan. There are 3 meal plans to choose from for Freshmen and Sophomores, one additional one for Juniors and Seniors, and one additional one for commuters.  Our current plan options may be viewed on the Meal Plans page.

What are points?

These funds may be used to make purchases at Randle's located in the Student Union Building.  Points can also be used to purchase meals for family & friends at the Bynum Commons Dining Hall.  Points are carried over from the fall to spring semester; however, unused points are forfeited at the end of the spring semester. All of the above meal plans and points are nontransferable and nonrefundable.

When is the Dining Hall open?

The dining hall is open seven days a week during the academic year. Check out the Locations & Menus page to view our current hours of operation.

What plan is the best for me?

It depends on your eating habits. Our most popular meal plan is the 12 meals per week with $125 points available for use at Randle's. 

If the Dining Hall is closed, do I get credit for my meals?

If there is an official closing of the Dining Hall for any reason, the college will offer an alternate meal site.

Can I change my meal plan and if so, where do I go?

You can change your plan during the first week of classes. The changes can be made in the Residence Life office in the Student Union Building.

If I run out of meals or points, is it better to pay cash at the door or add money to my card?

It’s better to add points than pay with cash. There is a discount given when points are added.  Just come by the main office in the Cafe to do this. 

How can I enter the Dining Hall or use my points?

Your campus identification card serves as your dining services access card. The magnetic strip on the back of the ID contains information about your food service account. Your card is swiped every time you enter the dining hall. Your ID card is required to enter the dining hall; remember to bring it with you.

If I have to miss a meal due to illness or a class conflict, what can I do?

If you are ill and have to miss a meal, a special “sick tray” can be arranged with authorization from Health Center or Residence Hall staff. Box meals are provided for class conflicts. At the beginning of the semester, bring your class schedule to the food service office to make arrangements.

In This Section
Centenary College | Dining Services | 2911 Centenary Boulevard | Shreveport, LA 71134 | tel. (318) 869-5284 | Contact Us